At least nine people have been killed and thousands are injured after handheld pagers, used by Hezbollah, exploded in Lebanon on Tuesday afternoon
The health ministry says 200 of those injured are in a critical condition, with a munition expert telling the BBC the devices were likely packed with up to 20 grams of military-grade high explosive
Hezbollah has blamed Israel for the “sinful aggression”, saying the country will get its “fair punishment”
Israel is yet to comment – it said earlier that a new aim of the war in Gaza is to return evacuated residents to northern Israel following attacks from Hezbollah
The Iran-backed armed group, based in Lebanon, has been a foe of Israel for decades. Fighting between the two sides has escalated in recent months, raising fears of an all-out war
The post Hezbollah blames Israel as exploding pagers kill nine and injure thousands in Lebanon appeared first on DailyNews.