Be the First to Know

lanka matrimony

Food poisoning sends 300 Koggala staffers to hospital

0 12

Around 327 employees of a garment factory in the Koggala Free Trade Zone were admitted to the Karapitiya Teaching Hospital yesterday (20) due to food allergies.

A hospital spokesman said that they were brought to the hospital in several buses.

The situation had arisen after breakfast yesterday. Doctors say that it is suspected that food with chicken has caused the poisoning.

Karapitiya Hospital Director Dr.Shelton Perera said they had symptoms of indigestion, fever and headache and that several employees were in critical condition.

About 50 other workers of the factory who showed symptoms have been admitted to the Kalugala Hospital in Habaraduwa.

Thursday, April 21, 2022 – 01:10

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.