Be the First to Know

lanka matrimony

GCE A/L results to be released in May or June

0 0

The Education Ministry announced that the results of the Advanced Level Examination held in January will be released by May or June.

The Education Ministry has made arrangements to release the results of the Advanced Level Examination within the months of May or June, before the commencement of the Ordinary Level Examination to be held this year. Education Minister Dr. Susil Premajayantha said that due to the postponement of last year’s Advanced Level Examination to January 2024 (held over five weeks), the start of the new school term in 2024 had to be postponed. Accordingly, the new school term for 2024 is scheduled to start on February 19.

The Education Minister said that this year’s Advanced Level Examination (2024) will be held before 2025 and the schedules of all examinations will be revert to normal. Accordingly, all measures will be taken to start the new school term of 2025 from the beginning of next January, as usual.

The Minister expressed these views while participating in the national programme for the distribution of school textbooks and uniforms held at St. Anthony’s Girls’ College in Colombo under the chairmanship of President Ranil Wickremesinghe last morning (14).

He also emphasized that he and the Ministry are committed to producing smart children equipped with new technology and knowledge, from pre-school to higher education. In 2024, 80 percent of the total school uniform fabric requirement has been received as a grant from the Chinese government, and with the aim of providing equal education opportunities to every child, the government has taken measures to obtain the remaining 20 percent of the uniform fabric from the same Chinese manufacturer, who provided the stock of 80 percent of the school uniform fabric. Buying from the store itself is also a new measure this year. This year, the total requirement of school uniform fabric is 12.7 million metres.

The post GCE A/L results to be released in May or June appeared first on DailyNews.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.