Landslide warning issued for several districts
The National Building Research Organization (NBRO) issued.
Level 3 (Red) warnings was issued for Kandy, Kegalle and Kurunegala districts. They are:
- Kandy District – Pasbage Korale, Doluwa, Ganga Ihala Korale, Udapalatha, Udunuwara, Gangawata Korale, Harispattuwa and Yatinuwara.
- Kegalle District –Yatiyanthota, Bulathkohupitiya, Galigamuwa, Warakapola, Rambukkana, Deraniyagala, Dehiowita, Mawanella, Ruwanwella, Kegalle and Aranayaka.
- Kurunegala District – Polgahawela, Narammala, Mallawapitiya, Alawwa, Mawathagama and Rideegama.
Level 2 (Amber) warnings was issued for Badulla and Ratnapura districts. They are:
- Badulla District – Ella and Passara
- Colombo District – Seethawaka and Padukka
- Galle District = Elpitiya and Baddegama
- Kalutara District – Dodangoda, Mathugama, Bulathsinhala, Palindanuwara and Agalawatta.
- Kandy District – Kundasale, Poojapitiya, Ududumbara, Pathadumbara, Medadumbara, Panvila, Akurana, Minipe, Hatharaliyadda and Delthota.
- Matale District – Rattota and Ukuwela
- Ratnapura District – Eheliyagoda, Ratnapura, Kalawana and Ayagama.
The level 1 yellow Alert was issued for following areas:
- Galle District – Galle Four Gravets, Yekkalamulla, Neluwa, Akmeemana and Nagoda
- Gampaha District – Attanagalla, Mirigama and Dompe
- Kalutara District – Ingiriya, Wallallawita, and Horana
- Matale District – Yatawatta, Matale and Pallepola
- Nuwara Eliya District – Walapane, Hanguranketha, Kotmale and Ambagamuwa
- Ratnapura District – Elapatha, Kiriella, Nivithigala and Kuruwita
Accordingly, residents in surrounding areas have been warned to be watchful on the possibility of landslides slope failures, rock falls, cutting failures and ground subsidence if the rain continues.
People who are living in or are close to all mountainous areas and man made cut slopes within the relevant DSDs have been asked to pay special attention to the warning.
Wednesday, November 10, 2021 – 16:42