Landslide warnings issued for several districts
The National Building Research Organization (NBRO) has issued landslide warnings.
Level 2 (Amber) warning has been issued for Kandy, Kurunegala, Matale and Ratnapura districts.
• Kandy District – Ududumbara
• Kurunegala District – Rideegama
• Matale District – Ambanganga Korale
• Ratnapura District – Eheliyagoda
Level 1 (Yellow) warning was issued to the following areas areas:
• Colombo District – Padukka
• Kalutara District – Agalawatta, Bulathsinhala, Palindanuwara and Ingiriya
• Kandy District – Medadumbara, Pathadumbara, Pathahewaheta and Doluwa
• Kurunegala District – Narammala, Alawwa and Mawathagama
• Matale District – Raththota and Ukuwela
• Nuwara Eliya District – Hanguranketha, Walapane, Nuwara Eliya, Ambangamuwa and Kotmale
• Ratnapura District – Ratnapura and Ayagama
Accordingly, residents in surrounding areas have been warned to be watchful on the possibility of landslides slope failures, rock falls, cutting failures and ground subsidence if the rain continues.
People who are living in or are close to all mountainous areas and man made cut slopes within the relevant DSDs have been asked to pay special attention to the warning.
Thursday, November 25, 2021 – 09:52