Part of finger in Fruit’n’Nut chocolate
A female staff member of the Mahiyanganaya hospital was put off her chocolate treat, when she realised that a bump in the chocolate bar she bought from the hospital canteen, was not a nut but part of a human finger. The chocolate bar was produced by a local manufacturer.
She had reported the shocking find to health officials in the area. Later, Public Health Inspectors, (PHI) after inspecting the chocolate with the human finger and the hospital canteen, had taken custody of other chocolate products manufactured by the company.
According to the PHIs, the hospital staff member had eaten part of the chocolate and kept the rest in the refrigerator. After a couple of days she decided to take another bite of it, when she found something hard, while biting into a bump in the bar, and thought it was a nut, as the chocolate was of the ‘fruit and nut’ variety. However, as the nut did not crack, even on biting harder, she had held it under an open water tap and found the bump in the bar to be a human finger.
The PHIs, meanwhile, have also removed that particular variety of chocolate from the shelves of the shops in Mahiyanganays town, and are reported to bring the matter to Courts.